The type of data that track adds to the media is set in the kind attribute, which can take values of subtitles, captions, descriptions, chapters or metadata. The element points to a source file containing timed text that the browser exposes when the user requests additional data.
Documentation for this class was provided by MDN. var default_(accessor,accessor) : BoolThis attribute indicates that the track should be enabled unless the user's preferences indicate that another track is more appropriate. This may only be used on one track element per media element. var kind : StringKind of text track. The following keywords are allowed:
- subtitles: A transcription or translation of the dialogue.
- captions: A transcription or translation of the dialogue or other sound effects. Suitable for users who are deaf or when the sound is muted.
- descriptions: Textual descriptions of the video content. Suitable for users who are blind.
- chapters: Chapter titles, intended to be used when the user is navigating the media resource.
- metadata: Tracks used by script. Not visible to the user.