Haxe Forum > Broken Alchemy Opcode

• I have recently revisit one of the older projects that I had been working on using Haxe. It involves the use of the Alchemy Opcode via the flash.Memory API. The project worked fine in the older Flash Players (<11.2), but when I try to run the same SWF using the newer Flash Player (11.3, 11.4), I am getting a runtime error message. I have tried to force the swf-version to 11, but it still doesn't help.

I read somewhere that Adobe has disabled Alchemy Opcodes in the newer Flash Player. Is there any workaround? Does Haxe support the new Alchemy2 opcode?

• Tom

have you tried this library https://github.com/polygonal/ds#readme .

• To clarify
    I mean have you tried it with polygonal because he has updated his stuff recently so if anyone has a fix for it he will, I don't know what the status of flash memory is but with the tax maybe it's easier just to avoid it or code with a library that you can turn it on or off with a complie switch?

• Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't think the alchemy code works (with the -D alchemy compiler option enabled). It's seems like the old alchemy opcodes have been completely removed from the new Flash Players (11.3, 11.4). It doesn't matter if I am using Stage3D or not.

Can someone confirm this finding? Are all the old alchemy opcodes for fast memory access gone?

• Tom I added a question to the haxedev mailing list to get clarity.

Justin:
    A forum post suggests that the flash memory no longer work in new flash players using haxe, but maybe he is just using it wrong?

Nicolas:
    It should work perfectly, the only restrictions are that in case you use Stage3D + flash.Memory, you will fall back to software rendering instead of GPU acceleration unless you get a license from Adobe. Best, Nicolas

I suggest you make sure you have the lastest haxe code http://haxe.org/download, if that is not working try patching with a nightly found on the manual install page. If you are absolutely sure that you are still having an issue, then please submit a bug report detailing the operating system etc.. Haxe bugs can be reported here ( but Nicolas has now read the forum post and I suspect done some tests against current SVN, so please double check your work before submitting any bug ).

< Prev | Page 1 / 1 | Next >